Rabbi Gloria Rubin, “The Theology of Leonard Cohen”
Images of God in Music & Mahzor*: How we envision the God we pray to?
The Theology of Leonard Cohen – Monday, August 9 at 8:00 pm
• Leonard Cohen’s songs allude to parts of the Bible, our liturgy, and history.
• What does he tell us about his relationship with God? Does it mirror our own?
• Unpacking Mahzor Metaphors – Tuesday, August 17th at 8:00 pm
• Our High Holiday prayer book depicts God in many ways.
• Which images speak to us? Can we find a way to relate to those that don’t?
*The machzor is the prayer book used on the High Holy Days of Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur.